Check out my complete Write it down, make it happen board dedicated to goals & resolutions.
- Simple & Easy – Write your resolutions, put them in a frame - what is not to love about this idea! The hardest part is deciding where to put the frame!
- I’m a bit of a goal setting geek so I love learning new ideas and techniques for setting and more importantly achieving goals/resolutions. Here are some of my favorites:
- Write it down – you are more likely to achieve your goal if you write it down. One cool way to do this (which I’m going to try in 2012) is use an online tool (like FutureMe.org) which sends you an e-mail in the future with your goals. I’ve been using Goaltender for the past few years which is an online tool to track your goals – it is simple but a great way to get started.
- Share – by sharing your goals you increase your accountability plus you will likely find support from family and friends who want to help you succeed.
- Balance – set goals for all parts of your life (work, home, health, volunteering, family, travel)
- Enjoy – make goal setting fun, it doesn’t need to be a chore. Have a goal setting party, brainstorm on a whiteboard or chalkboard or with crayons or just make your goals really fun (learn to surf, laugh everyday
- Thnx Lululemon for providing amazing tools and information for setting goals, in particular @carolyncoles is awesome!
- Thnx Dan Zadra for writing The 5 book– if you don’t have a copy of this book you should, it is an inspiring, fun workbook to help you plan the next 5 years
- Thnx to my friend Rachel who started me on my annual tradition of writing resolutions (although her method is 10 things that you want to happen in the next year, ideally right at midnight with lots of champagne so that and ideally so you don’t remember what you wrote, you hide it for the year and get to read them the following NYE)
- Thnx to the following blogs for your inspirational ideas above:
- Thnx Pinterest for all the inspiring ideas. Still haven’t checked out Pinterest? Send me an e-mail email@example.com or tweet @thnxpinterest and I’ll send you an invite