Sending a hug in the mail was the inspiration behind the second Just Because I Love You (JBILU) post. Our family is on the other side of the continent so when I saw this card on Pinterest I thought it would be perfect for the grandparents.
- It’s a Hug! To make this “hug” as realistic as possible I made the paper that connects the two hand prints the same width as C’s arms. I used wrapping paper because it was the only thing long enough (28”).
- Tradition? Thanks to Pinterest I’m a bit obsessed with things that can be done annually (check out my Tradition, Tradition board). I will try to make this a Valentines day tradition for the grandparents!
- Lined Envelope: Easy & Pretty. Just print a photo and cut to to the size & shape of your envelope it is pretty and almost makes it look like you made the envelope. Check out the detailed tutorial on Paiges of Style
- Make a template. It isn’t always easy to handprint so once I was finally able to wrangle C’s hand flat for long enough to trace it I then made a template with cardboard that I then traced to make all of the other hand cut-outs.
- Cut multiple handprints at one time. Fold the paper multiple times and cut a bunch of handprints at once – this will make sure the hands are the same size and will save you time.
- Lined Envelope: #FAIL. After sealing the first envelope that I lined, I realized that when the envelope was opened it would cut the picture in half – 00ps! To make it work here are two options:
- Don’t fully seal the envelope, but instead use a sticker to gently seal the end of the flap
- Use a picture that won’t be ruined when it is opened – ideally something with lots of white space
- Thanks Tiffany for the great idea & tutorial!
- Thanks @PaigesOfStyle for the amazing envelope liner tutorial and beautiful blog, I didn’t follow all the steps but I will the next time
- As always, Thanks Pinterest for all the inspiring ideas. Not on Pinterest? Send me an e-mail email@example.com and I’ll send you an invite (if you sign up for an invite on the site it will take a while). Pinterest for the inspiration