My mom, aka Nana, came for a visit last week. Needless to say C had changed significantly since she saw him last in October. We did all sorts of fun activities like visiting a farm, going to the park, playing in the dirt and a special activity that Nana found on Pinterest, here is her guest post.
Hi, I’m C’s Nana – Since it’s been more than a few years since I entertained a busy toddler, when I came to visit last week, Pinterest was the perfect place to look for fun new (old) ideas to do with C.
- Water painting is perfect for indoors – put the easel or just paper on a tiled floor and let the painter go to town!
- Easy cleanup for grandmas…. and mums
- Watching C try the roller, brush and sponge on the paper. I think the sponge was his favourite – both for painting and checking out the texture on his tongue
(The water container ended up being one of the best attractions!)
- This is the perfect and safe way to introduce a toddler to painting – they can play in, and with, the “paint”
It’s still too soon for real paint!
- Have a good supply of paper towel or beach towels ready to “blot” up the paint… and the artist
- Have a change of clothing ready for the artist…. and maybe Nana depending on the artist’s enthusiasm, he might try to paint things other than the paper!
- Perfect for doing outside on a hot summer day
- MOST OF ALL…. I need to make the 2000 k trip and visit MORE OFTEN!
- Thnx Chrissy
@TheOutlawMom for your post that PINspired this fun activity
- Thanks Pinterest for all the inspiring ideas. Not on Pinterest? Send me an e-mail thnxpinterest at hotmail dot com and I’ll send you an invite (if you sign up for an invite on the site it will take a while).
- And of course, Thank you so much Mum for the great trip filled with lots of amazing memories!
If you like this post, check out:
wow..love this idea.. Off to do this for my son..